visit May 22- May 30

Home Forums Ask an expat visit May 22- May 30

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi!
    My wife and are are going to visit Nicaragua May 22 through May 30.
    We are hoping to accomplish two goals: A pleasant vacation, my first in a few years, and also to scout out possible relocation destinations after I retire.

I am a computer programmer with excellent dinosaur skills, MS Access/MS Excel and VBA my most recently used. I have taught computer classes at the the college and trade school level.

My wife was an English and German teacher for 10 years, recently retired after 11 years with H&R Block as a tax preparer.

We want to meet other expats to help get the lay of the land. Our plans are to spend a few days up north, Sebaco, Jinotega, Matagalpa, Esteli, then a few days near Granada, Masaya.

My wife can’t walk too fast anymore, so we are hoping to find a place to sit and watch birds and monkeys, see some of the craft communities, and talk with people.

If anyone reading this post has some suggestions for where to stay, what to see, and might like to share a meal and a drink with us, please respond!

Steve and Judy Kramer
    Sugarcreek Township, Stark County, Ohio, US

Anonymous

Avoid Jinotega. Increased chances of dengue fever and parasites. Put Leon on your list. Other than that, don’t travel alone, take unmarked cabs, or wear jewelry etc. Typical common sense stuff. Other than that enjoy. Been many times and its where I intend on retiring. Best of luck and enjoy!

Anonymous

If you will be spending a night or two in Managua, please contact us to explore rates under $50/night. We can also arrange airport pickups for $14.75 and dropoffs for $11 to and from our hotel.

Many people make the mistake of not visiting Managua on poor advice that there’s nothing to see. Managua offers several street markets, the Malecon Lakefront, Laguna Tiscapa (zipline, view of Managua, Sandino museum, torture museum), Museum of Acahualinca (6000 year old footprints), and both the new and old Cathedrals.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.