Express Bus from MGA to Estelí

Home Forums Ask an expat Express Bus from MGA to Estelí

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi, does anyone have information on catching the express bus from the airport area (MGA) to Esteli? I know you can go to the bus depot in Managua, but I heard that the express bus stops at or near the Best Western across from the airport. If anyone can confirm it would be greatly appreciated. We are arriving around 10:30am.

Thank you.
    Roland

Anonymous

My experience with buses in Nicaragua is that they stop wherever you flag them down. You want the bus going out of town, the buses that stop at the hotel across the street are going into town. I wouldn’t wait in front of the airport, I would go around the corner. Gomez has nice buses.

My best advice is to go to the bus station and the reason is simple: you stand a better chance of getting a seat. Tell the taxi driver that you want a bus to Esteli and he will take you to the station. There are windows that sell tickets. Buy a ticket and wait where the bus will pull in. When the Nicas start lining up, you line up also. Have one person who is stowing the luggage below and another person who gets on the bus and gets the seats. Seating is competitive, extremely competitive. The buses that leave Managua can be jam packed with riders.

http://www.thebusschedule.com has good information about scheduling.

Anonymous

Thanks, we made it to Esteli trouble free. We took a cab to the bus station and bought tickets. We are enjoying the town and the surrounding areas.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.