Aug-Sept in Managua

Home Forums Ask an expat Aug-Sept in Managua

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Planning or would like to visit Nicaragua for 6 weeks at the end of the summer. Thinking on making Mangua a base camp and traveling by bus outwards to explore. Please any suggestions on where in Managua to reasonably rent an apartment in working class area of Managua and where to visit elsewhere in the country?

I speak limited Spanish, have lived in Domincan Republic each of the past 2 Augusts and now want to explore somewhere different. Former Peace Corps worker in Haiti do I am not afraid or put off by harsh realities of poverty or poor neighborhoods but do need a safe base for my property while exploring!

Any assistance is great.y appreciated!

Anonymous

I would try your request on the expats in Managua facebook page. You might get a better response. Keep in mind that most people do not like Managua and that includes Nicas. I like it but most people just hurry thru. Managua can best be described as very hot with 24/7 gridlock. Some parts are very poor and some are rich. The smaller towns are much easier to navigate and generally more livable. Nicaragua is a small country so travel is fast to and from most places.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.