Reply To: Employment Opportunities

Home Forums Ask an expat Employment Opportunities Reply To: Employment Opportunities

Anonymous

I too am a Canadian and am planning a trip to Nicaragua in the spring/early summer of 2015. I want to stay for 3 months, but I am also interested in the possibility of living in the country for an extended period of time (like around a year or so). I know this must sound crazy, but I’m looking for a drastic change and because I have relatives to help me with my visit, I really want to try to set this up long term. Of course, a lot would have to depend on how I could make a decent living in Nicaragua. I’m a Communications professor at a college and I also teach ESL at a private language school so I have experience working with federal workers and foreign diplomats. I also have a Masters in English as well. Could someone with my skills and experience be able to find a good teaching job in Managua, say at a university or private academy? I want to be realistic about all this, but I have heard from family friends who live in Nicaragua that with my background I could find a very good job. Connections would obviously help, but it gives me hope that maybe this isn’t such a crazy idea! I don’t know. What do you guys think?

Thanks!