Reply To: Jon Lee Anderson: Nicaragua full of inequalities, pedophiles, capitalist clutter

Home Forums Current events in Nicaragua Jon Lee Anderson: Nicaragua full of inequalities, pedophiles, capitalist clutter Reply To: Jon Lee Anderson: Nicaragua full of inequalities, pedophiles, capitalist clutter

Anonymous

This gentleman has not been in Nicaragua in thirty years, my,my my, what insight. I think that this article is an example of journalists writing for journalists. He won an award and knows Latin America better than other journalists? I doubt that very much. That speaks to the low quality of journalism these days.

I was all over Central America thirty years ago and much has changed, in Nicaragua and other countries. Life has greatly improved for most people. If this gentleman could not see it, he must be deaf, mute and blind. Most of the people we know are middle class Nicaraguans, they own their own homes, have cars, phones and a fridge. I couldn’t say that thirty years ago. The list could go on and on. The lights are on 24/7 and hundreds of thousands of unexpected children showed up for school this year and are now in class. The list could go on and on. I deeply appreciate the road to Managua being paved, the new bridges and internet in almost every corner of the country. The list could go on and on.

This gentleman is very biased and I won’t bother to read his coming article on the canal.
Oh, and most people we know are not pedophiles. We travel all over the country seeing new outhouses, running water and new stoves so that families won’t have to use wood. This man hardly reflects the Nicaragua we see today. He reflects his own thinking and it is outdated. I shutter to think what he might say about Brazil.