Unlike other destinations in Central America, San Juan del Sur hasn’t been pre packaged into a series of touristy attractions. It’s a place defined as much by its heritage of fishing as its holiday traditions. To be honest, it’s a little rough around the edges, but this off the beaten track feel is what most visitors like best about the place.
Although cruise ships occasionally drift through the bay and surf shops are starting to offer daily beach shuttles to popular surf breaks, San Juan del Sur still doesn’t come with easily accessible travel guides, souvenir shops or neatly organized day trip options.
The language barrier can be limiting. The dirt road can be intimidating. And many of the best locally run businesses can be hard to find. Very few get attention on TripAdvisor or the big name guidebooks covering the entire country.
It’s for these reasons that we felt that San Juan del Sur deserved a guidebook focused entirely on the region. So while other Nicaragua guidebooks only have a handful of pages on San Juan del Sur, every page of The Insider Guide showcases experiences that only San Juan del Sur can deliver.
The book is dedicated to promoting sustainable tourism by highlighting locally owned small-scale businesses and products made by social enterprises and co-operatives that have a social mission. And for every book sold on sanjuandelsur.org we make a $1 donation to Comunidad Connect, a non-profit striving to protect the environment, educate youth and generate future employment for local people in San Juan del Sur.
You’ll have a blast getting to know the culture, cuisine and traditions of San Juan del Sur if you look in the right in places. The Insider Guide doesn’t just make traveling easier, it takes visitors deeper and invites you to be a part of it.
In this 180 page Ebook you’ll discover:
• Practical insider tips to plug you deeper into the region and get you immersed into local life in San Juan del Sur
• Why so many people go to Playa Maderas and dozens of alternative beaches that most travelers overlook
• 6 different ways to experience San Juan del Sur to help you build the perfect itinerary
• A checklist of 101 things to do in San Juan del Sur
• The 5 mistakes that otherwise smart travelers make in San Juan del Sur (you’ll definitely want to avoid #4)
• Real world advice to ensure you have a smooth trip
• Interview with locals to connect you closer to the lives of the people who live here
• Romance secrets: 6 experiences that will blow your date’s mind… and yours
• Plus you’ll get coupons to top quality local businesses (Use just one and the guidebook pays for itself)